How to submit winning entries
Before entering any of the categories, please review this page and the How it Works section
Judges will be looking for:
- Business Partners who are leading the charge and have delivered unique and innovative solutions that have raised the standard for business excellence and customer satisfaction
- Business partners who have demonstrated excellence in helping clients drive greater value from their investments in IBM technology;
- Business Partners who have demonstrated excellence with their sales, service and technical expertise based on IBM products and services.
The primary focus will be on the customer solution, not your business growth. Therefore, there is no limitation on the solution size or dollar value. All solutions must be implemented in New Zealand within the period from 1st January 2011, to 31st December 2011
What is Smarter Analytics?
Realize the power of information
Organisations that embrace analytics are outperforming their competition—and the gap is widening. They are extracting insights not only from enterprise data, but also from data that is continuously flowing in from a variety of new sources. These insights help them make better, faster decisions and automate processes. Analytics is changing the nature of how businesses and governments work.
Smarter Analytics can help an organization to achieve these business outcomes:
- Grow the customer base and retain profitable customers.
- Continuously improve operational efficiency.
- Prevent fraud and manage risk and compliance efforts.
- Transform and automate financial processes.
Judges will be looking for solutions that manage information, predict outcomes and optimise business performance.
Smarter Analytics explained…
What is Smarter Computing?
Smarter Computing is realised through an IT infrastructure that is designed for data, tuned to the task and managed with cloud technologies.
- An infrastructure that is designed for data means extending beyond traditional sources of data to generate insight by leveraging new forms of information
- With optimised systems, the total cost per workload can be reduced by up to 55%, delivering greater performance and improved IT economics.
- Cloud computing is an opportunity to reinvent IT, allowing companies to quickly respond to customers’ needs today and add new applications and technologies for future growth.
Judges will be looking for solutions that leverage all of the data in their enterprise, optimise systems for workloads and manage their IT infrastructure in a much more virtualised and cloud-like fashion, for dramatically improved economics and performance.
Smarter Computing explained…
What is Smart Work?
Revolutionise business processes
If our processes can become more predictive, agile and collaborative, we can become smarter about how we work through data analysis and thereby increase our productivity.
Every day, organizations big and small are waking up to a world in which work can get done faster, better, and smarter.
Questions answered when a Smart Work solution is implemented:
- Are employees empowered with access to the right information at the right time?
- Do companies collaborate, not just cooperate, with business partners and customers, sharing information and co-creating solutions?
- Are operational processes able to adapt and respond quickly to meet changing market demands?
- Do companies make optimal use of our resources, both physical assets and human capital?
- Is information integrated and its usefulness maximized across the organisation, in real time?
Judges will be looking for solutions that embrace the above.
Smart work explained through narration, illustrations, and sounds.
What is Best Co-Marketing?
Marketing is a key skill for IBM's business partners and distributors. The Best Co-Marketing Campaign Award will be given to the business partner or the distributor who, in the view of the judges, makes best use of their marketing budget.
Judges will be looking for impact, creativity, the clarity of the offer and a measurable return. Eligible campaigns can include IBM software, hardware and services, or a mixture of these.